When I bought my Osprey backpack, I also purchased a Platypus 2 liter Big Zip LP Reservoir to go in the pack. There was an assortment to choose from. I chose the Platypus reservoir based on its features over the other reservoirs.
Platypus Reservoir Features
- Wide-mouth opening makes filling, emptying, and cleaning the reservoir virtually effortless.
- It lays flat when filled so it works well in the pack.
- The lid has a durable flap that you use to attach the reservoir in the backpack.
- Shutoff valve attached to detachable hose.
- BPA-free, silver-ion antimicrobial finish results in clean tasting water.
- You can freeze the bladder for cold water on a hot hike.
The Platypus Reservoir has worked quite well for the year I’ve had it. It’s the perfect amount of water for a long hike, doesn’t add a lot of bulk to the pack, and is very durable. It has exceeded my expectations and I definitely recommend them.
For more information on how to clean and disinfect the reservoirs, check out the Platypus FAQ page.
Do you use a water reservoir? What brand do you use? Do you like it? Any tips you’d like to share?Please share in the comments.