How is 2018 shaping up for you so far? I still can’t believe how quickly each year passes as I get older. I remember my mom and grandparents were surprised how quickly the year would pass them by. Now I understand what they meant.
I have many goals for 2018, some of which are hiking related. I want to hike more, take longer hikes, and hike in places that are new to me. One of my goals every year is to get into better shape, but I will be completely honest—the last three years I have been stuck in a pretty serious rut. Going through the motions, but not truly committing to actual change, resulting in more of the same.
I came across the #365 Mile Challenge. The goal was to simply get outside and move one mile a day for a year. The coolest part is the simplicity of this challenge. You sign up, keep track of your miles, and can even earn prizes for participating. They have the following list on their website:
- A #365milechallenge sticker (shipped only to the U.S. or Canada)
- Entry into a private, supportive and fun facebook group just for 365 Mile Challenge participants.
- Exclusive discounts on outdoor clothing and gear found only for members of the group.
- Opportunity to enter prize package drawings for outdoor clothing, gear, and swag.
- Motivation and support to get out there and conquer 365 miles.
- Automatic entry into a mega big prize package just for 365-mile challenge finishers if you complete your 365 miles before midnight (MST) on December 31, 2018.
- If you sign up by January 16, 2018, you get $5.00 off the registration fee. Use code JOINMEFOR365.
- You are eligible to win a $100 gift card to Garage Grown Gear if you are new to register for 2018. Winner will be chosen January 16th.
How about you? Do you have any goals for 2018? Please share in the comments.
Feeling like a challenge? There is still time to sign up!
I’ll update my progress and give monthly updates. According to my Fitbit, to date I have walked 10 miles.
Hope you’ll join the challenge!